31 October 2014
by: Dan Dorsey
babyTEL was proud to welcome resellers and agents from across North America to the second annual babyTEL Partner Forum held on October 27-28, 2014 at the Le Crystal hotel in downtown Montreal.
The forum marked babyTEL's 10th year of operation and we are proud to be the largest SIP Trunk provider over Internet in Canada and #1 T.38 Trunk Provider over Internet in the USA.
At the forum, babyTEL presented industry insights from the past year as well as sharing new developments with partners.
Here are some highlights from the past year:
- Industry research from Infonetics' latest "VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers" report :
- Worldwide growth in VoIP services revenue is expected to grow through 2018, peaking at $88 billion.
- SIP trunking spiked 23% in 2013 over 2012 and is slated for further growth this year.
- Sales of hosted PBX and unified communications (UC) services increased by 13% percent in 2013 from 2012.
babyTEL Latest Developments:
- New plans and features announced for babyTEL services
- babyTEL Softphone ROAMbaby adapted for the physically challenged
The forum also featured a deep dive session on Cloud PBX versus on premise, tactics, techniques and tools for selling and setting up cloud business phone service.
One of the most valuable sessions was the agent feedback session where we heard ideas and feedback from our partners and resellers.
A special thank you to all our partners that came out to the event and to our sponsor partners: Solgenia, Mitel, Synnnex for showcasing their latest products.
We look forward to welcoming you all for the Third Annual babyTEL Partner Forum in 2015.